MaineASLA is organizing an on-bike training session lead by Jim Tasse, PhD. Jim is a League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor (LCI, #1308) and the Education Director of the Bicycle Coalition of Maine (BCM). This training session will be geared toward landscape architects and engineers who design public transportation facilities.
The three-hour session includes:
• Introduction and goal setting activity.
• Review of AASHTO, NACTO, PACTS design guidelines and strategies for accommodation, including MaineDOT Complete Streets and LCP policies.
• Bicycles and helmets with basic road safety instruction.
• On-Bike, 4-5 mile bicycle conditions assessment ride with short learning stops.
• Follow-up discussion on facilities design, roadway comfort and perceived safety.